Healthy Families America® (HFA) is a no-cost, voluntary, family-focused program for first-time parents. SUMCD operates a local program – Health Families Central PA – in Mifflin County. The main goal is to support parents in their new roles as the first and most important teachers in their child’s life. Healthy Families America believes that
- All families want the best for their children.
- Families are responsible for their children.
- Families are the main decision-makers for their young children.
HFA staff partner with parents to help parents feel empowered to understand, care for, and provide for their child. Families engage in activities that will help encourage infant brain development and attachment. Individualized services strengthen and support families and promote early childhood health, safety, and development. If you decide HFA is for you and your baby, here is what you can expect:
- Support through pregnancy and the early years of your baby’s life
- Fun and interesting facts about your baby’s growth and development
- Fun activities for you and your baby to enjoy together
- Learning about other community services
- Connecting with other parents of young children
- Following your child’s development
- Information that you may want about how to care for your baby or how to make your home safer for your baby
Domestic Violence Resources
For information about
Domestic Violence or other Victim Resources, contact:
The Abuse Network: The mission of The Abuse Network, Inc., is to assist and educate victims and community members about violence and abusive behaviors to promote a more peaceful, violence-free community.
24-Hour Hotline (717) 242-2444
Toll-Free PA Hotline (888) 810-2444
Mifflin County Office (717) 242-0715
Transitions: Transitions is a crisis center that provides advocacy, empowerment, and education to victims, survivors, families, and communities to end patterns of violence and abuse.
Toll-Free Hotline: 1-800-850-7948
For more information on Healthy Families America, please contact us at 717-513-4277.
Healthy Families Central Pennsylvania – Mifflin County
215 N. Beech Street
Burnham, PA 17009
Everything HFA teaches is how to ensure your child is learning. You build a relationship and friendship with your home visitor. It’s a great program – everything you could need is in the program – referrals and information and support. ~Bri, Lewistown