SUMCD Child Care provides quality early care and education services to about 2,300 children each day. Preschool centers serving infants to kindergarten-age children are located in Lewisburg, Mifflinburg, Selinsgrove, and Lewistown. Many SUMCD Preschool / Child Care Centers are recognized by the Pennsylvania Keystone STARS program! Keystone STARS is a voluntary program where participating child care centers work to achieve a star rating, ranging from one to four stars, based on meeting certain quality criteria. Each star-rated center uses qualified teachers, age appropriate curriculum and learning environments, and forms partnerships with both the family and the community to earn their star rating.
Learn more about SUMCD Programs and Enrollment Requirements:
- Site Locations
- Application for Child Care – Union/Snyder County – Mifflin County
- Tuition Scale (currently being updated, please call 570-966-2845 for information)
- Tuition Policies
- Waiting List Policy
- Fee Assistance and Income Guidelines
- Eligibility Requirements for Child Day Care Subsidy
- Center Meal Times
- Staff Qualifications
- Quality Early Care and Role of Parents
- Home vs. Center
- Licensing and Regulations
What Is Quality Child Care?
- frequent, positive, warm interactions among adults and children
- activities appropriate to the children’s age and development, such as block building, painting, and reading stories
- specially trained and experienced teachers
- enough adults to respond to individual children
- many varied age-appropriate materials
- nutritious meals and snacks
- regular communication with parents, who are welcome visitors at all times
- effective administration
- ongoing, systematic evaluation.