The Pennsylvania Pre-K Counts pre-kindergarten program, established by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, makes quality pre-kindergarten opportunities available to children and families across the commonwealth. It is designed for children who are between ages 3 and younger than the entry age for kindergarten with a risk factor associated with school failure, as identified by the Office of Child Development and Early Learning (OCDEL), including income (300 percent of the federal poverty level, or a family of four earning less than $75,300), language (English is not your first language), or special needs issues. Frequently Asked Questions.
SUMCD Pre-K Counts Services in Snyder, Union, and Mifflin Counties
Currently classes are held at:
- Middleburg Elementary School (partnership with Midd-West Area School District)
- West Snyder Elementary School (partnership with Midd-West Area School District)
- Selinsgrove Elementary School (partnership with Selinsgrove Area School District)
- Mifflinburg Elementary School (partnership with the Mifflinburg Area School District)
- Mifflinburg Children’s Center
- Susquehanna Children’s Center
- Lewistown Children’s Center
- Mifflin County Academy of Science & Technology
Download an APPLICATION and submit completed form to:
SUM Child Development
14 South 11th Street
Mifflinburg, PA 17844
OR – call 570-966-2845 with any questions.